So you’re ready to shop for new flooring, but you’re 30 seconds into your Google search, already overwhelmed and not sure where to start.
We’ve been there.
MyNewFloor.com makes it simple to shop for new floors with our curated collection of hardwood, laminated wood, pattern and texture carpet, luxury vinyl plank and tile hand-selected for performance and value.
What’s more, our design team will help you find your right-fit flooring based on your space, lifestyle, budget and more. Here are our top five things to consider to narrow your search:
FOR WHAT ROOM ARE YOU SHOPPING?
The first thing to consider when shopping for new floors is the room where they’ll be installed. While some spaces are a match for virtually any flooring choice, others have a more narrow selection of appropriate options.
- Is this a high-moisture or spill-prone area like a kitchen, bathroom or laundry room?
- Are dirt, mud and other outside debris frequently tracked into this space from outside?
- How often do you eat, drink or entertain in this room?
We start with a free home estimate to get the specs for your space. Then, our design teams in Blakeney, South End and Lake Norman* help guide you to the right-fit flooring for your room.
WHAT’S YOUR LIFESTYLE?
Yes, white carpet is gorgeous, as are mahogany-colored hardwood floors. But remember, this is reality, not Instagram. Do you have little ones (or a messy significant other) that might make it a headache to keep that white carpet clean? Will it drive you crazy to see every one of your golden retriever’s stray hairs stand out on your dark wood floors?
Things to consider:
- Does this area get a lot of shoes-on foot traffic?
- Do kids or pets spend much time eating, drinking or playing in this space?
- How much time do you have – or want to spend – keeping your floors clean?
Luckily, every selection in our curated collection is made with an array of benefits to stand up to everyday life, including moisture-, scratch-, stain- and dent-resistance.
WHAT’S YOUR DESIGN STYLE?
Are you creating an entirely new look for your space, or aiming to seamlessly transition from one room to another? Either way, our knowledgeable designers can help guide you through your selections so your floors not only fit your lifestyle and your budget, but also help bring your vision to life in a finished look you love.
Things to think about:
- What’s the look you’re going for – modern, boho, farmhouse, traditional?
- How do you want the room to feel – luxurious, cozy, approachable?
- Does your pick fit with the rest of your home? If not, are you good with that?
WHAT’S YOUR BUDGET?
As with any expense, it’s best to know your budget going in. That way, you can save time (and heartache) by focusing your flooring search on our curated selections that fit your price range.
That said, don’t assume having a budget limits your options. With our low, all-inclusive price per-square-foot, many of our customers find they’re able to afford flooring that exceeds their initial expectations.
When setting a budget and comparing estimates, ask:
- Who’s responsible for prepping and reassembling the space?
- Is demolition and removal of old flooring included?
- Does the quote include shipping and delivery fees?
DO YOU PLAN TO DIY OR HIRE A PRO TO INSTALL?
We know it’s tempting to try to save a few dollars by installing your new floors yourself. But flooring demo and installation can be tedious and often create unexpected challenges. Using an expert installer who’s seen – and can efficiently troubleshoot – it all can drastically reduce the risk of delays, extra costs and potential damage to your home.
When talking to your flooring partner about its installers, ask:
- Is there a minimum number of years of experience required?
- Are installers certified and insured?
- Do they receive ongoing training and support from flooring manufacturers?
LEARN MORE ABOUT MYNEWFLOOR.COM
Our curated collection, all-inclusive pricing and certified installers set us apart as the Charlotte region’s premier flooring company. Learn more about us.
*South End and Lake Norman by appointment only