Laminate flooring has become a staple in wood flooring options and modern home design, known for its versatility, durability, and cost-effectiveness. In fact, it accounted for nearly 5.6% of total sales in the market.
Whether you’re embarking on a DIY home improvement project or considering a professional hardwood flooring upgrade, knowing how to choose the best laminate flooring will come in handy.
In this flooring buying guide, we’ll explore the myriad options available in the world of laminate flooring and provide you with expert guidance on how to go about choosing the best for your flooring installation.
Laminate Flooring: What Makes It So Appealing?
Laminate flooring offers a remarkable blend of beauty and durability, making it a highly appealing choice for homeowners.
Here’s why laminate flooring stands out:
- Laminate floors are designed to withstand the test of time. They are engineered to resist wear and tear, making them a smart choice for high-traffic areas and busy households.
- Laminate flooring options come with precision-crafted joints that create a tight water seal. This feature prevents moisture from seeping into the core layer, safeguarding your floors against potential damage.
- Laminate floors are constructed with scratch-resistant materials, making them perfect for homes with pets or active children.
- Laminate flooring is designed to resist dents and impacts, handling the weight of furniture, foot traffic, and more without showing signs of damage.
- Every laminate product offered by MyNewFloor.com includes a robust wear layer, typically rated at AC4, ensuring your flooring is exceptionally durable and can handle the daily demands of your home.
With laminate flooring from MyNewFloor.com, you’re investing in a resilient and low-maintenance surface that will enhance the comfort and style of your home.
How To Choose Laminate Flooring: Step-by-Step
Choosing the perfect laminate flooring for your home involves several key steps, ensuring the ideal blend of style, durability, and functionality.
In this section, we’ll take you through a step-by-step guide on how to make the right choice.
Research Laminate Flooring Features
Researching laminate flooring features will help you understand why laminate is a popular choice.
Here are the things to know:
- Texture: Laminate flooring offers a wide variety of textures that mimic the feel of real wood and natural wood materials. This variety not only enhances the appearance but also influences the feel underfoot. MyNewFloor.com offers a 3D texture, meaning our products are embossed in register.
- Color: The color you choose can significantly impact the overall ambiance of your space. Lighter shades can make a room appear more spacious and airy, while darker hues add coziness and depth. Choose a scheme that aligns with your home and personal preferences.
- Thickness: You can choose laminate flooring from various thicknesses, including 12mm. Thicker laminate planks often offer better durability and sound insulation. Thinner options can be suitable for areas with lower foot traffic.
- Wear Resistance: AC ratings (which measure wear resistance) range from AC1 (light residential) to AC5 (heavy commercial.) MyNewFloor.com’s laminate flooring comes with an AC4 rating, which is highly durable for everyday wear and tear.
- Underlayment: Underlayment is a critical component, providing insulation and sound absorption and helping to level out minor subfloor imperfections.
- Moisture Resistance: Laminate flooring with moisture-resistant and waterproof properties is an excellent choice for dining rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. Some laminates have a wax coating on the edges, enhancing their water resistance.
Assess Your Home Needs
Before deciding on laminate flooring, consider your home’s unique needs and requirements with these factors:
- Identify High-Traffic Areas: These spaces endure the most foot traffic and wear and tear, such as the entryway, living room, kitchen, and hallways. Laminate flooring is excellent for these spaces due to its durability and resistance to scratches and stains.
- Room Size: Lighter laminate shades can make smaller rooms appear more spacious, while darker tints add warmth and coziness.
- Room Layout: Assess how the laminate flooring will transition between rooms and if you want a uniform look or distinct flooring for specific areas.
- Aesthetic Preferences: Consider how the flooring color, texture, and design align with your interior decor and overall design vision.
- Functionality: In a home office, you might prioritize quieter laminate with good sound insulation. In a children’s playroom, you may want a flooring option that’s easy to clean and resistant to spills.
Browse Laminate Flooring Options
While you’ve gained valuable insights into what makes high-quality laminate flooring an excellent choice for your home, there’s no substitute for experiencing the options firsthand.
We invite you to explore the vast array of laminate flooring choices available at MyNewFloor.com’s showroom.
By visiting our showroom, you can:
- Visualize your space better, seeing and touching the laminate flooring samples up close
- Get expert guidance from our flooring professionals
- Be inspired by our various laminate styles and designs to spark your creativity
- Compare options by seeing multiple laminate options side by side
- Get a feel for the texture to determine which one aligns best with your preferences and practical requirements
Determine Which Style Fits Your Home
Selecting the right laminate flooring style goes beyond personal preference; it’s about harmonizing functionality and aesthetics to create a cohesive and visually appealing living space.
Here’s how you can make a choice that complements your home:
- Consider your home’s color scheme by taking note of the dominant colors in your furniture, walls, and decor. Choose a laminate flooring that enhances and complements those existing colors rather than clashing with them.
- Reflect your home’s style, whether it’s traditional, modern, rustic, or eclectic. For a contemporary home, sleek and minimalist laminate designs might be the perfect match. In contrast, a rustic home could benefit from laminate with wood grain and texture that adds warmth and character.
- Texture matters, so consider the tactile experience you want to create. Smooth, high-gloss laminate exudes a modern, sophisticated feel, while textured or hand-scraped laminate can lend a more rustic and inviting atmosphere.
- Think long term as laminate flooring is a durable option, so your choice should be one you’ll be happy with for years to come. Flooring trends come and go, so consider whether your chosen style has a timeless quality that will endure changing tastes and fashions.
Get Professional Assistance
Choosing the right laminate flooring for your home is a significant decision that greatly benefits from professional guidance. There are many types of laminate flooring to explore, from water-resistant laminate and wood laminate to waterproof laminate.
At MyNewFloor.com, we offer a wide range of top-quality laminate flooring options and expert assistance to ensure you choose the right flooring option for your home.
- Possess extensive knowledge and experience in the flooring industry
- Are well-versed in the features, benefits, and unique characteristics of each product
- Take the time to understand your specific requirements
We aim to build lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding expectations at every step of the flooring journey.
Discover Stunning Laminate Flooring at MyNewFloor.com
By now, you’ve entered and explored the world of laminate flooring, highlighting its durability, style, and versatility.
Now, it’s time to see these incredible options for yourself.
Visit our Novo Collection today and uncover a wide range of stunning laminate flooring options that can transform your home.
Don’t wait to get started! Call us at (704) 459-4639 or drop us a message.
If you want a preliminary quote for your laminate flooring costs, grab a free estimate here!